December Celebrations

The week in between Christmas and New Year was always a traditional vacation time for me. I would get the week off when I used to work in the tool and die shops as a young man. This is when the car factories would shut down production and so we would also get the week off in the die shops. When I moved to office work in finance, I would save vacations days to carry on this work tradition. Then I gave my life to God, and the vacation time had a better meaning for me. It was always about family time. I would visit my grandma, aunts, hangout with cousins, good times just being together.

In the last few years here in Jinotega, I have not been able , or perhaps even forgot about my traditional vacation week. I am always working in our business/ministry and preparing for the next month! Until this year! I am tired, and so I took the week off, like I used to!

Signage to Oscar's Rosquilla shop

I visited my friend pastor Oscar in Somoto. He showed us his new location for his cajeta making business. I really enjoyed being there with him. It has been a long time since I visited a small business in a hot city! It was just like visiting the entrepreneurs in Leon! Then we just talked at his house and even ate leftover hot wings. Why not! Everyone is on vacation mode, even for cooking! 

Display full of yummy cajetas
Then we visited my friend Ernesto's family coffee farm! I have been wanting to do this with him all year, and we never arranged it, why? He has a business to run and so he is always on the move. This time we set the day aside to grill ribs! 

Ernesto and I with some good country stove ribs!

Then it was time for a year end celebration with Verbo church north! Pastor Oscar's efforts in the three three northern cities he drive two every week, Esteli, Jinotega, and Matagalpa were in attendance! It was a great time of celebration and reflection for the new year to come. 

Three cities gather in Esteli

Pastor Oscar and the Jinotega church group

And finally, I stayed home with Jari. in my pajama shorts. playing with the dog! God is good, and remember He is also a God of rest! Something I must remind my self of too.

While I do not have the same family connections I used to have, God as given us some new ones to be with in December I just need to make sure I take the time to enjoy them too! 

Feliz Navidad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Erica changed my perspective

FINCA AVODAH

Project Mature Bean! Part 2, We Harvested!